Achievements from 2008 to 2017
• More than 90 million vatu of products purchased (18.5 million vatu of handicrafts and 72 million vatu of cacao) from the local communities and small scale producers from the islands of the archipelago of Vanuatu from 2008 to 2017.
• Participation to ten “wik blong Vanuatu” in November in Nouméa, New Caledonia from 2008 to 2017
• Organisation and participation to several exhibitions and trade shows in Port Vila and internationally
• Registration in 2015 of the AELAN brand (means island in Bislama) for the communities products ranging from handicrafts, spices, oil, honey and chocolate.
• Opening of the second AELAN shop on the Lini Highway in downtown Port Vila.
• Export in preparation with Oxfam Trading Australia for the AELAN products - Available in winter 2018 into the Oxfam stores
• Building of the ACTIV office in 2011, the handicrafts centre and the chocolate factory in 2014, the roots café and the AELAN shop in 2015 and the virgin coconut oil in 2016 at the ACTIV centre at the stella Mare subdivision at the second lagoon.
* 63,5 million vatu for only 2009 with the export of cocoa beans to Germany
A huge Thank you to all the people who purchase an AELAN products and make the difference!
- More than 37 projects assisting the communities and the small producers throughout the islands of the archipelago of Vanuatu representing funding over 137,5 million vatu funded from 2008- 2017